Pelican Cases are the perfect solution for transporting equipment, gear, and supplies around the world; However, in today's landscape mitigating the transmission of germs and harmful bacteria is of upmost importance globally.
Since Cases are generally touched by many people and many viruses can survive on plastic surfaces for days (even weeks), it is recommended that proper cleaning precautions be taken at every opertunity.
The following guide produced by [TheCaseStore] offers helpful tips to clean and disinfect the surfaces of your Pelican Cases.
(NOTE: Foam interiors are highly suceptable to harboring bacteria due to their high porosity. The most effective cleaning method is to apply disinfecting spray liberally to all surfaces of the foam insert, but it should be noted, this is not highly effective since bacteria can live within the foam itself.)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Disinfectant wipes (Clorox, Windex, and store brands acceptable)
- Diluted Bleach Solutions
- (4tsp. bleach / 1qt.water)
- Common household disinfectant sprays
- Most industrial, medical and military decontaminate solutions.
- Clean your case before disinfecting
- remove all solids (dust, debris, dirt, grease, etc.) using warm soapy water and brush
- Wipe case surfaces from the inside out in this order
- Case interior surfaces
- O-Ring seal (tongue and groove sides)
- Latches (including under-side)
- case exterior surfaces
Not Your Average Luggage
Pelican™ AIR Travel Cases are waterproof, crushproof and adventure-proof. Our durable wheeled suitcases are engineered to withstand the wear-and-tear of frequent travel or outdoor excursions.Shop Now
Ultimate Protection with VAULT by Pelican™
With heavy-duty hinges, nail-tough hasps and an extremely tough high-impact polymer shell, it withstands whatever comes with the territory ahead.Shop Now
Professional Tool Cases
Protect and organize the tools of your trade with a Pelican™ tool case equipped with drawers, cutouts for tools and hardware and an impact-resistant outer shell.SHOP 0450